Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 8: Still sick but living it up

Jamin stayed home sick with me, but by late afternoon, my mom picked up Zaria and we were feeling a little better, so we went for a date night on the scooter. We put on helmets before we went, don't worry. We went and saw a movie at the cheap theater nearby and then went to Culvers for a light meal. I had soup since I wasn't quite 100%.

It was so nice to have a chance and excuse to use the scooter! It's been such a bane to me that it's barely been used. When we first got it, it barely worked, but now it's running really well. So of course we're trying to sell it now. It really is cute and it's fun to ride. Also fun to have an excuse to wear leather. What is it about black leather that I like so much? I bought the Harley jacket from a good friend of ours that worked at a Harley shop near Portland, so it has some wonderful memories attached to it. I used to like to tell people I wanted to be a Harley Grandma someday because I like the idea of being a feisty, unpredictable old lady. Still not too old yet, since this is just my 29th year.

No comments: