Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 24: Wednesday night at FBC

This was the first time Jamin and I have gone to First Baptist on a Wednesday night. We decided to try it out, so we went for the family dinner and then I went to worship practice to see if I could be trained in on the soundboard. I was able to do some observations by looking things over, but there ended up being no sound person to ask questions. I was really glad I didn't end up busing to church for that result. I walked a lot today-- Zaria and I started out late for the library reading, so I had to walk/run there and arrived a couple of minutes late, and I had started to walk to the bus stop to go to church when Jamin called to say he'd be home in time for us to ride there together. We checked out the nursery to find out how the timing works, but Zaria went with her Grandma so we didn't have to bring her tonight.

So two days in a row of soundboard training that ended up being a little awkward. And at church, I'll probably need to wait until Zaria's weaned before I really take up a regular role helping with sound.

No comments: