Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 146: Cousins and Car wash games

This evening Zaria met her cousin Gwendolyn for the first time, and the two enjoyed sipping from straws together. Zaria's a little more likely to dump her drink over or throw it on the floor still, but she enjoyed watching and mimicking her older cousin. But the day didn't start out with her so happy. . .

It was one of those really bad Sunday mornings where nothing seems to get done in time for church. Jamin was too sick to do anything but stay in bed, and try as I might, Zaria and I weren't able to leave until close to 10 AM, so I figured we could just skip Sunday school altogether and go get some gas and a car wash. But it was also a long line at the gas station. The first pump I tried turned out to be out of order, then each time I tried to get to one of the closer pumps (so I could pay inside and use my coupon) someone else would get in the spot, so it took a while just to get the gas. And then there were only 3 cars in front of me, but it took a full 1/2 hour waiting for the car wash. So not only did I miss Mars Hill class Sunday school, but I was late for the 10:50 service. Anyway, I had my camera with me, and Zaria and I tried to while away the car wash waiting time by blowing raspberries at each other and whining.

No comments: