Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 138: Visiting grandma

Today was a tough day and I never did get a picture taken. Jamin worked an extra long day, and I went to Mom and Dave's house to play Mexican Train Dominoes, and then we got a call from my aunt Judy saying we should get to the hospital to see my grandma. She had surgery on her sciatic nerve earlier this week, and I guess it's a very tough recovery. The drugs they gave her to get off of the narcotics caused her to be apneic-- so we had to remind her to breathe and keep her up. I grabbed the above photo from last year for my picture today, with Grandma Victoria holding Zaria. Hopefully she'll recover enough to hold Zaria again soon. I've joked that she's bound to get better with all her out-of-town sons coming to see her, and it was fun to see some relatives at the hospital, though we sort of overcrowded the room. Judd came from Arizona, Jim from Colorado, John from South Dakota and Jerry from Virginia.

No comments: