Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 142: Microfishe

My mom joined the kids for Storytime at the library today while I did a little research on microfiche. I wanted to find out what some of the world news events were on Zaria's birthday to put into her baby book, and as long as I was at it, I looked up news events on my birthday. Unfortunately, their records barely went back 30 years ago for the New York Times, and it just so happens that there was a newspaper strike from August to November of my birth year. They had some rough AP stories to fill in the gap, but who wants to look through a bunch of AP stories when you've got a toddler starting to whine for lunch? Glancing though them did make me nostalgic for working with the morning news group at KBOO in Portland, but I still wasn't able to spend that kind of time.

No comments: