Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day 39: Interview Day

I had trouble deciding what to wear today--Jamin made a suggestion that I wear a scarf with my first outfit and I ended up scrapping the whole thing and starting over. I actually didn't do too bad, went with the black pinstriped suit and just changed the top a couple of times.

So I finally had an interview today, but not for medical transcription. Unfortunately, after doing a bit of research I found that in order to start as an MT I would have to work full-time. I'm just not able to do that. And I'm not ready to work on my own as a contractor. So I'm looking at some other options. This job I applied for today is for a online survey editor position for a marketing company. I'm actually fairly excited about it-- it's got the hours I need and I can work at home after just a few days of in-house training. They gave me a sample survey to go over and see if I get it, and I feel like it totally fits in with what I've learned with both media communication and my recently honed editing skills. I did go over some spelling words from a list I had in my MT training before the interview and test, and that actually really helped me do better on the test.

No comments: